Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Protect Window Treatments and Furnishings From the Sun's Harmful UV Rays

When a client is interested in window treatments one of the first things I recommend is that they consider tinting their windows to protect their new investment. Adding window tinting to a window can block up to 99.9% of the harmful UV rays from the sun. UV rays from the sun can fade and destroy fabrics fast.

These treacherous rays can ruin a beautiful hardwood floor, sofa table and grandfather clock. Ask me how I know, it actually happened to me. I thought my grandfather clock was safe because it was next to my patio doors which lead out to my pool. These patio doors face due north and never get even a glimpse of the sun. These doors allow a lot of light in and with natural light comes those UV rays which totally faded one side of my grandfather clock. Another lesson I learned is just because you have a porch doesn't mean you are safe from UV rays. My dining room has beautiful silk draperies installed. Several years after they were installed I decided to test the fabric for sun damage. I scraped my fingernail on the back of the lead edge side hem and to my horror I ripped the fabric. I was sick, I thought my porch would have somewhat protected my draperies from the sun. Now I have all the windows in my house tinted with Vista film (Soft Horizons (v-33 SR C). I also use Solar Insulations which is a local company in Nashville, TN. They have been in business for years and provided excellent service to all of my clients. I have never received one complaint regarding their service or the products they use.

When you visit Vista Flims website there is a link to a pdf document that states that a homeowner may be eligible for up to a $500 credit for window tinting installed during the 2009 calendar year.

No comments:

Post a Comment