Wednesday, December 9, 2009

'Tis the Season!


I love the Christmas season! Everyone seems extra friendly during the holiday season. This year (and I still can't believe it), I am not going all out with my usual Christmas decorating. Because I was out of town at the beginning of December, and also because Jerry and I are going to Casey & Owen's (my son & daughter-in-law and my two granddaughters) home to celebrate Christmas with them, I decided not to put up a tree this year. YIKES, this is a first for me and it feels strange! Next year, though, I am planning on decorating as usual and hosting a Christmas Open House.



This year Casey has been busy decorating her house with a little inspiration from Anthropologie. If you have visited the Green Hills store, you may have seen lots of stacked wood and their famous handmade snowballs. These snowballs are the cutest and are so easy to make. We asked our sales person if she knew how they were made and she spilled the beans. Jackpot!!!



Here is how to make indoor snowballs that "won't melt in your house!"
  1. Crumple up white kraft paper to the desired size. (Be sure to vary the sizes)
  2. Wrap the crumpled ball with plastic wrap at least 4 or 5 times.
  3. Wrap outer layer in Glad "Press & Seal" with the sticky side out.
  4. Roll sticky ball in artificial snow. (Artificial snow can be purchases at Target or any craft store.)
  5. Voila' ... you have the cutest snowballs ever!
Who knew they would be so easy and inexpensive to make?



Look how cute these jars are with the white lights, silver ornaments, and snow.

I love decorating with live greenery. Not only does it look great, it smells even better! Take time to enjoy the sights, smells, and good eats of this holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. I love your displays and style...stunning!
    I just found your blog from twitter. So excited!Here are some posts from my Blog. I use a lot of Thrift Store Finds to decorate.
    I love the guest book in this one:
    http://downhomediy.blogspot.com/2009/12/vintage-holiday-vignette.html

    Unique Front Door Decor
    http://downhomediy.blogspot.com/2009/11/front-door-holiday-decor.html

    My fave is the Yankee Girl Crate in this one.
    http://downhomediy.blogspot.com/2009/12/more-holiday-decor.html

    Lots of found objects here. I like the basket in particular. I made my own snowballs in the bucket too. http://downhomediy.blogspot.com/2009/12/what-gives.html

    Happy Holidays
    ~MB
    www.downhomediy.com
    www.addressingspaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Vermont but I live in Florida now. I love your snowballs - I am going to make some as soon as I get done with my Quick Books paperwork...

    ReplyDelete